khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I feel lightheaded and my hands and arms feel weak and shaky.

I feel lightheaded and my hands and arms feel weak and shaky. I have sinus pressure and feel tired and out of it. What do you think it could be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
It seems to be due to low blood sugar.
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? If so, over what period of time?
Do you have any other symptoms associated with your problem?
Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?
Do you have any medical problems?
Do you drink alcohol? If so, how much a day and how long?
Any surgeries?
Are you taking any medications including OTC pills and herbs?
Any family medical history?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am 5 ft. 2 in. and I weigh 110 lbs. I have lost about 7 lbs in the last year as I was nursing my baby. He is 13 months old and I nursed until 12 months. I have only had 2 periods since having him.

Mostly I am tired ALOT of the time. I haven't slept good since before my baby was born. He still wakes up about 2 times a night. But I was lightheaded even while I was pregnant with him. I do struggle with anxiety....but I kinda think it started over me feeling bad for so long. I don't have any medical problems except for a heart arrhythmia. I have early beats.

I don't drink at all or smoke. No surgeries.

I take vitamins: vitamin D, B complex, vitamin C, and Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc.

Occationally I take Hydroxyz Pam 25 mg for my anxiety.

My mom has asthma and is gluten intolerant. My dad has high blood pressure. My grandma has fibromyalgia. A couple more distant relatives have MS. My sister and grandma have both had their gallbladders removed.

Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the following symptoms?

1. Muscle weakness and fatigue
2. Weight loss and decreased appetite
3. Darkening of your skin (hyperpigmentation)
4. Low blood pressure, even fainting
5. Salt craving
6. Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
7. Nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
8. Muscle or joint pains
9. Irritability
10. Depression
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Definately yes to muscle weakness and fatigue, but not in my legs.

I haven't lost any more weight lately and I seem to want to eat all the time!

no darkening of skin. I'm pretty white.

I usually have a low blood pressure. I used to take a beta blocker for my heart but I can't b/c it lowers it too much. so I don't take it anymore. But I've never fainted. Felt like it, but never have.

I don't really crave salt.

I do crave sweets and carbs like pasta.

My blood sugar has been between 85 and 105 the last 2 days.

I occationally have diarrhea.

My joints in my hands ache some.

I do tend to be irritable and I try not to be depressed, but I tend to lean that way.

Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
How much are the blood sugar levels before breakfast, before other meals, and after meals?
When did it start? Is it constant ? Is it getting worse? Does anything make it better or worse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the morning before breakfast it's around 85. After breakfast 102. Before lunch 85. after lunch 105. and about the same before and after supper.

I have had weeks of exhaustion off and on for about 4 years. But this year I've been tired with lightheadedness. the arm/hand weakness for a couple weeks. and the shakiness for a couple days. and I feel like my brain isn't very sharp right now.

Its pretty bad sometimes bad when I'm out shopping etc. I have a hard time focusing on the road when I drive and get tired really easily. I feel my best in the morning and as the day goes on I usually get more tired...then I get a second wind later in the evening before I go to bed.

I haven't really found anything that makes me better for any significant lenghth of time. But I have to say, in general it is getting worse.

Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Do you have tingling, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness, a band of tightness around the trunk or legs, or electrical sensations moving down the back and legs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes i get the pins and needles sensations..could happen anywhere on me...arms, legs, face, and hands. it doesn't happen all the time though. just every once in a while. I don't think i get numbness or any of the other stuff.

I also have an ear ache alot w/ the sinus pressure :) Just thought of that.

Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
blurred, foggy, or hazy vision, eyeball pain (especially when you move your eyes), blindness, or double vision?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my eyes get tired easily...but no trouble seeing. like at the end of the day my eyes are tired and kinda red.

Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Do you feel as if the room is spinning around you?
Breathing rapidly?
Sweating?
Increased heartbeats?
Feeling powerless?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't feel like the room is spinning. It feels like i'm on a ship where everything is never quite steady.

most of the time my symptoms are pretty liveable and i just deal. but sometimes i do feel odd. like i'll have something that feels like a hot flash. I'll get hot from head to toe and sweat and feel even more exhausted and my heart will beat more rapidly, but I wouldn't say it was racing though. But I always recover given a little time. I do tend to "freak out" when anything bad happens to me, so sometimes i wonder if i don't respond to whatever this is in a panic and make my symptoms worse. I do tend to sweat at night too. Do you think it could be my hormones adjusting from weaning?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
There was nothing wrong with the feedback i got, i just never got an answer. Thank you.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. There was emergency. I asked a lot of questions to narrow down your possibilities.

1. anxiety
2. multiple sclerosis (less likely)

You should see a psychologist or a psychiatrist to be evaluated.
Any questions?
khagihara, Doctor
Experience: Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.