Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

my blood pressure is 195 over 100 with my meds and will not

my blood pressure is 195 over 100 with my meds and will not come down and I have have a headack
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

Hi there...

Please tell me how old you are and on what medication you are on?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg once a day and lisinopril 40 mg twice a day. It has had no effect at all on my blood pressure and at night when i'm trying to sleep it goes higher.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

How old you are and please tell me do you have other illness such as diabetes?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
female 50year old over weight and do not have diabetes. or any other illness that I know about.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for info as you have uncontrolled blood pressure you are on Tab Lisinopril along with Hydrochlorthiazide 25 mg once a day and you have no history of diabetes keeping your history in mind i will suggest you to get your echocardiography to see heart chamber size because uncontrolled prolong blood pressure can result in to enlarged heart ,usually it is said that ABCD rule is applied for the treatment of blood pressure if age of patient is less then 55 then usually ACE inhibitors and/or beta blockers are advised and above 55 years calcium channel blocker and diuretics ,i will suggest you that you should consult Cardiologist for your problem and in addition to Lisinopril you should add beta blockers to your treatment ,loose weight ,avoid salt ,exrcise should be encouraged.

Thanks and wishing you a good health.

Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS(R)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not get a response he just asked me two question i answered and he did not respond. I want to cancle and want my money back.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.