Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS

how to dry up shingles blisters

how to "dry up" shingles blisters

You may get a prescription for antiviral drugs from your doctor as this may help decrease the pain and inflammation associated with shingles and may shorten the duration of blisters if started early in disease.
In addition use of anti allergic medicine like Zyrtec which is available OTC will help decrease itching.
You should also use colloidal oatmeal mixed in your bath water as this will help relieve the itching.
Topical antibiotics like fusidic acid are needed only if you develop secondary bacterial infection in these blisters.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I appreciate your response!
Additionally, I first noticed the blisters 3 days ago. Am I early enough to get help from antiviral drugs?
Antiviral medication is useful if started within 72 hours of appearance of blisters.
Therefore if it is still less than 72 hours you should start on antiviral medicine.