How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 52010
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I accidentally left my gas stove on all night, the flame was

Resolved Question:

I accidentally left my gas stove on all night, the flame was burning so I think all the gas fumes were ignited. Should I worry? Im a bit nervous i might get gas poisoning.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.

Hello. I would like to help you find an answer.


You are probably fine, but I would just open the doors and windows and leave the house for a few hours.


Also, call the gas company and let them know what happened after you leave.


They will come out and inspect for free to make sure there is no residual gas in the house.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok so you think that if I was inhaling poisonous amounts of gas for 9 hours straight I would probably be in bad shape right now?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.

If it was toxic gas then yes. But, natural gas (which I am assuming it is) is pretty safe.


I would be more worried about an explosion.


Do the above and you will be fine.


Dr. Phil, MD and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions