Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

is mrsa contagious if you use the same shower

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

HI,

Thanks for your question.

MRSA can spread by touching the contaminated surface or objects but using same shower is not a mode of spread of MRSA.

I hope this helps you.

If you want to know further , please ask.

Please click accept if i have answered your question.,

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

if a person has it and you use same bathroom arent germs there??

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

Yes as i said touching the same contaminated objects which have been touched by the MRSA infected person can transmit the infection but this is also necessary that the person having MRSA has oozing lesions on the hands or elsewhere which can come into contact with areas in the bathroom. Inshort this is theoratically possible but practically very remote possibility is there.

So if that person has oozing lesions then get yourself checked but if no oozing lesion then nothing to woory. If you have used the same soap then yes possibility is there but still remote.

I hope this helps you.

Please ask for any query

please click accept if i have answered your question

regards

DR Hasan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what should i check
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

lesion has been lanced twice

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

you should be looking yourself for any symptom like skin rash, small red bumps that resemble pimples or boils. These can quickly turn into deep, painful abscesses.

If you develop anything like that then you should get yourself evaluated by doctor and any such lesion should be cultured.

If you are taking about lanced lesion in that MRSA infected person then if at the time of bath the wound was not having any active discharge then transmission is not likely.

If i have not got it right, please ask me more i am here to help you.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is the incubation period after on anti biotics
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
On average it is from 1 day to 10 days. The symptoms can start appearing in one day and can appear upto 10 days.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i meant that after you take antibiotics how long is it contagious
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

After taking antibiotics it remains contagious till you are infection free.

Means it depends that antibiotics have worked or not, so a time cannot be acerstained, it all depends on response of antibiotics. If antibiotics have been taken for a month and person still have MRSA , he will remain contagious. But if there are no active oozing lesions then the chances definitely decreases.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

very confusing & worrisome.what is the best product to clean and remove these staph germs/. so if its still oozing its contagious.but not in the shower where germs are

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

I will try to be simple.

You donot need to worry because if you are healthy otherwise the chaces are remote of contracting anything.

If its oozing then yes its contagious but chances are remote this way because there is no direct contact between you and that person.

Commercial disinfectants do not guarantee proper sterilization on porous surfaces, clothing, linens and curtains. Anything that can be washed that has been exposed to MRSA infection should be washed in hot water above 160 degrees Fahrenheit with bleach. Ideally you should Create a bleach solution of 1 part bleach to 9 parts hot water
and clean the bathroom with this.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you !! i hope you got the payment i hope i did it correctly
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

you are most welcome.

Yes i got it but i really wish that everything goes fine at your end and i wish you good health always.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
me too!! thanks!!
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
welcome