Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430
Medical

can pradaxa cause a low count of platelets

?
Category: Medical
replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question. I would like to say that yes this seems to be most likely a side effect of Pradaxa which is also mentioned in the literature provided by them. I will highly advise to report this to your physician for complete evalutaion & there might be need to have a re-review of treatment too. It is also important to repeat the platelet count & to rule out any thing serious. Let me know if you have any other question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.