Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career

Abdominal pain at 6 inches left of belt line with mild nau

Abdominal pain at 6 inches left of belt line with mild nausea..?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 5 years ago.
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be up to your expectations .

Are you passing gas and stool normally?
How severe is the pain?
Is the area tender to touch?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Some gas and constipation
Pain is fairly mild
Area is slightly tender
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to hear about your problem

Well the pain on lower left of abdomen in an old male is most likely due to Acute Diverticulitis.
A diverticulum is an out pouching of the intestinal wall and it gets infected when the food gets stuck in the pouch resulting in Acute Diverticulitis.
You should not eat and drink anything or take any medicine by mouth.
Intravenous antibiotics and fluid therapy should be begun right away for resolution of infection and rehydration.
Your best course would be to visit an ER where you could be examined and tests like ultrasound abdomen could be performed to confirm the diagnosis and thus initiation of medication.
Stool Re and Blood CP should also be done.
In case medicine fail in subsiding the symptoms, then you may have to undergo a surgery for this but is usually not indicated in most of the cases.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.