Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Is ultrasound therapy ever used to treat gout

Is ultrasound therapy ever used to treat gout?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question. I would like to say that yes ultrasound therapy can be used to treat gout related symptoms such as great option to decrease inflammation, pain, tension and soft tissue damage experienced with gout. You can use your own therapy using a portable, home ultrasound device or can also see physiotherapist for that. This will not cure gout so thats why important to take medications as advised along with ultrasound therapy which might only be helpful in treating symptoms. You should see also Rheumatologist as specialist in dealing such cases. Let me know if you have any other question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just a clarification - can the ultrasound treatment be used DURING a gout flare up or could that make the flare up worse?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as I was offline. Yes you can use ultrasound therapy during the gout flare thats not a problem it will give you relief. You can also see physiotherapist for proper administration. Let me know if you have any other question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here
for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.