khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

Can white wine cause diarrhea

Can white wine cause diarrhea?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Alcohol dependence causes chronic diarrhea.
Any questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not alcohol dependent, have a couple glasses of white wine with dinner. Just have diarrhea in the morning within a half hour of arising. Stops after a few times eliminating but stomach cramps off and on the rest of day.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? If so, over what period of time?
Exactly where is the pain? On a scale of 1-10, what is it? What does it feel like? Does it radiate to anywhere else? Does anything make it better or worse? When did it start? Is it constant? Is it getting worse?
Any blood in it? Any foul-smelling? Mucus in it? Fever? How is your appetite?
Do you have any other symptoms associated with your problem?
Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?
Do you have any medical problems?
Any surgeries?
Are you taking any medications including OTC pills and herbs?
Any family medical history?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5'2". 175 lbs. Lost 25 lbs in the last year due to dieting and exercising. Pain in lower intestine, scale of 2, feels like the prelude to a bowel movement. Does not radiate, nothing seems to make it better or worse. Off and on for a couple months. Not worse. No blood, not foul smelling, no mucus, no fever. appetite good. No other symptoms, not aware of anything to bring it on, no medical problems, only medications is OTC heartburn medication, no family medical history
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
What is the name of the OTC heartburn medication? When did you start it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Generic Priliox (Spelling?) from Wal-Mart.

Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
I think it is prilosec. When did you start it?
When did you start to have heartburn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have had heartburn for several years off and on. When Tums, etc. didn't work anymore I went to prilosec. I have been taking it for over 3 years
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Have you had blood sugar checked?
Do you use artificial sweeteners?
What is your diet like? Do you eat a lot of fruits? Do you eat honey?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have not had blood sugar checked, do not use artificial sweeteners, Eat fresh fruit sometimes once a day, sometimes not that often. Try to eat a salad of some sort once a day, some type of meat once a day. Use honey on my breakfast cereal
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Does the diarrhea occur after the breakfast? How long have you used honey in breakfast?
Do you eat foods containing wheat, barley or rye such as bread, pasta, cookies, pizza crust?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, occurs usually within 15-30 mins of arising. Have been using honey off and on for a month. Eat very little wheat, barley or rye products. Usually a slice of bread 2-3 times a week, no pasta, cookies or pizza
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Do you feel you are always thirsty and drink a lot of liquid? Do you go to the bathroom frequently? Do you wake up to urinate more than twice at night? Is your appetite increased? Do you crave sweets?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No to all the above questions
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
There are some possibilities.

1. Crohn's disease: It is caused by abnormalities of the body's immune system in which the body is inappropriately making antibodies and chemicals that attack the colon
2. microscopic colitis: inflammation of the colon that is only visible when the colon's lining is examined under a microscope.
3. irritable bowel syndrome: These individuals may have symptoms that mimic colitis such as diarrhea, abdominal pain, and mucous in stool. Nevertheless, there is no inflammation of the colon (not even microscopic colitis) in patients with IBS. The cause of symptoms in IBS is not clearly known; it may be caused by either abnormal motility (abnormal contractions) of the intestinal muscles or abnormally sensitive nerves in the intestines (visceral hypersensitivity).
4. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: is a complex condition in which one or more tumors form in your pancreas, the upper part of your small intestine (duodenum) or the lymph nodes adjacent to your pancreas. These tumors, called gastrinomas, secrete large amounts of the hormone gastrin, which causes your stomach to produce too much acid. The excess acid, in turn, leads to peptic ulcers. It is a rare disease.
5. Colon tumor

You should see your primary care doctor to have a blood test, a fecal occult blood test, and colonoscopy. You should also have upper GI endoscopy for the heartburn.

Any questions?

khagihara, Doctor
Experience: Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.