Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

under my right upper lip is swollen right under my nose and

under my right upper lip is swollen right under my nose and it makes one side of my face hurts do you kno whats wrong?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

Hello. I would like to help you find an answer.

Any signs of infection anywhere? Like a tooth infection or something?

Also, any new medicines, foods, detergents or soaps?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont kno if its an infection or not all i kno is that its swollen under my nose but just the right side under my right upper lip and it makes the right side of my face hurt and swell a little

Okay, it sounds like you have an infection. It could be a tooth, sinus, skin infection.

Generally swelling and pain in this area is related to an infection.

I think you need to see a doc right away. Facial infections are serious and can spread rapidly. Go to urgent care and get it looked at. You probably need antibiotics.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how bad can it get and how long with antibiotics will it take to heal because it really hurts...i was thinking that it could be triigured from a tooth because if i apply pressure to the one tooth i can fell it up under my nose were it hurts and if i apply pressure or touch that spot i can feel it in my tooth but then again i dont kno because the distyances between the to

It can get really bad like spreading to your blood or brain.

If you have an infected tooth that is spreading like this, that is VERY serious.

You need to go to the hospital today.

It may be an abscess that needs to be drained. Antibiotics will help it immediately but it may take up to a few weeks to resolve.

Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Butsee thats what i though at first that it was an abscess but doesnt a bump suppose 2 appear if its that? N well doc hospitals is kinda hard to get to since im in afghan at the moment i did see a medic he said it might b irritated gum but i dont think irritated gum makes ur face hurts and stuff thats y i asked you

I see. That sucks you can't see a doc. The abscess could be under the tooth and not on the skin.

I think this is a medical emergency sir. You need to do whatever it takes to see a doc.

Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for the accept. Don't forget positive feedback. I appreciate it. :)

If you need more help or clarification, please ask.