Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Can obese people get knee replacement surgery

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that in obese people especially when the BMI is high the rate of complications are high. Thats why very important to reduce weight in order to avoid complications of surgery. Yes if indicated knee replacement surgery should be done but reducing weight is highly recommended which orthopedic surgeon will guide you further This will also be better in order to increase the benefits after knee replacement surgery. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.