Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

does hpv cause headaches and nausea

does hpv cause headaches and nausea?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

it shouldn't.

do you have HPV?

do you have headaches and nausea? how long?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i saw something that looks like a wart, which may be unrelated and didn't see when i went to the hospital. i went there because i have nausea and lower abdominal pain, and headache on and off. they did a full urine test, blood cell counts, blood work for pancreas, spleen, gall bladder, and liver function all of which came back normal. i check my temp every single day and never had a fever. im going crazy cause i dont know whats going on anymore. the headaches and nausea aren't constant more like attacks for like a 2-3 weeks now.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
when does your pains and headaches occur? after you eat? before bowel movements? do you have diarrhea? any constipation? hard stools? blood in stools? black tary stools?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
headaches occur like all day thing dull and achy back of the head and top front, sometimes diarrhea sometimes constipation. no hard stools and no blood or black tary stools i always check especially now that i seem to be having problems. i can't keep going to the hospital because its expensive but was relieved to know all my urine/blood work stuff was normal.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
sounds like your symptoms could be related, but they might not be.

for example, this could be irritable bowel syndrome and a sinus infection which is causing your headaches. have you been treated with antibiotics? if antibiotics help your headaches, then you most likely had a sinus infection.

then the bowel issue can be delt with seperately with a CT scan of the abdomen, possibly an ultrasound of the gall bladder. a stool occult blood test to check for microscopic blood in the stool and possibly then a colonoscopy if any blood is seen in the stools.

sounds like you don't have insurance. do you have any congestion? any stuffiness of the nose. if you do, I would worry about a sinus infection causing headaches. then try some antibiotics to see if that helps the headaches.

headaches can also be from withdraw from caffeine if you stop drinking coffee or sodas. or dehydration, not drinking enough water or gadorade.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't have any congestion, i do have insurance but appointment is next week which is why im going crazy here trying to come to some understanding in the mean time. i didn't change anything in my diet really that's why i don't understand why this is happening to me. they examined me in the er with their techniques to see if anything is swollen but said everything felt fine, but i agree with you i think a ct scan would be more accurate. i can't leave work all the time cause i don't feel good or might as well look for a new job. lol and i don't like telling my employer what's going on in my private/health life.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see.

well, I'm glad you have an appointment next week. bring in information for your doctor about your caffeine and diet.

A CT scan is very good at looking inside of your abdomen but the scan needs to be use judiciously.

Well, I hope you feel better.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done, please accept so I may get credit for helping you.

Thank you for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.