Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor
3310972

Do you get shingles on the breast I have something around

Do you get shingles on the breast? I have something around the nipple. I went to my doctor and she said it was age spots. That was 3 months ago and it has gotten worse.
Hi, welcome to justanswer, yes, shingles can affect any body part or area including the breasts.

However ,shingles produce certain typical symptoms like pain ,numbness ,tingling or burning sensation followed by the development of a skin rash and fluid filled blisters .

If the condition is not treated properly , the patient could develop further complications like skin infection and pain .

Other possibilities that should be investigated are : skin bacterial or fungal infection ,dermatitis or eczema ( in this condition, the skin becomes inflamed and irritated with the use of some topical products including the use of creams, soaps, lotions or perfumes ) .

If the treatment has not been successful after 3 months . What you should do is consulting a Dermatologist who will take a skin sample if it is necessary and perform a biopsy .

If the lesion is ulcerative ( a skin sore or lesion) that does not heal , it is necessary to rule out the presence of skin cell dysplasia .

The dermatologist will be able to find out which of these conditions is producing your symptoms .

He/ she will prescribe you antibiotics or antifungal medication if there is an infectious process.

Shingles are treated with the use of antiviral medications like Acyclovir and pain medication like Neurontin,numbing topical medications like lidocaine and antidepressants like Amitriptyline .

Please click accept if you like the answer, so I can get credit for my work. A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated.