DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

how might insufficient or excessive amounts of protein, carbohydrates,

how might insufficient or excessive amounts of protein, carbohydrates, fats, or fibers contibute to one's health or illness?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Are you not taking in the proper nutrients?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no. maybe not enough. can you please answer the question.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Insufficient intake of proper nutrients can limit the body's immunity, limit the body's ability to rebuild itself from daily punishment so that your muscles do not rebuild, it can cause you to have bowel problems, infections, decreases your ability to think and remember things - so essentially without proper nutrients, vitamins, and the building blocks of life such as protein, your body can wither away.
I Hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i thought you were going to be more specific about each topic concerning excessive or issuficient use.For example, explain will proteins do to the body, excessive or insufficient, and the same with the other topics, such as carbohydrates, fats, and fiber, in reference to health and illness.Can you be more specific about each item in the health and illness category.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
The expert has opted out
This will have to be concise
Not enough protein...more tissue repair. Muscle wasting. Amino acid deficiencies which can disrupt neurotransmitter balance. Too much protein chronically [typical of the American diet] hard on the kidneys, promotes the progression of renal failure, gout, and probably promotes cancer. Also exposure due to environmental toxicity from animal protein and the fat...eating higher in the food chain.
Carbohydrates: depends on what type...refined carbs, destabilized blood sugar and are relatively without nutrients so deprive you of the calories that have nutrients from whole plant food. Good carbs/complex carbs...stabilized blood sugar and are generally plant foods with lots of phytonuturients...healthy........

should I continue here?

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.