Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor

I have sharp, often stabbing or pinching, pain my right abdomen.

I have sharp, often stabbing or pinching, pain my right abdomen. Doctors have already ran a series of labs from CBC to kidney and liver panels? What else could be causing my abdominal pain that lingers for hours and does not subside?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 5 years ago.

How long and how frequently are you having the symptoms?

When have you consulted doctor last?

Do you take any other medicine?

When do you feel it more?

Exactly on which part do you feel it?

Any relation with food, movement or any thing?

How are stool and urine?

Did you have any treatment?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The pain has been occuring more frequently over the past few weeks. My last visit to the doctor was last week when they reviewed my labs (all labs were normal -- WBC was a little high). Stool and urine are normal -- those stool is often extremely soft or loose. No blood or parasites were found when stool samples were taken. Have not noted any other symptoms associated with the pain - but I have been feel extremely lathargic, though I work out 1-2 time a day (which is normal - each work out is about an hour). Have not noted any foods that make symptoms worse. I only take YAZ. No other illness or symptoms other than what I have mentioned.

Pain is focused in the lower right quadrat of abdomen. Typically located inline with the bellybutton but about 3-4 inches off the midline.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The pain at lower right side of abdomen can come from appendicitis (if not operated already), urinary infection, stone , mesentric lymph adenitis, colitis, pelvic infection, leaking cyst, pinched nerve, muscle strain etc.

In appendicitis the pain typically starts around the umbilicus, then it shifts to the right lower quadrant.

Low grade temperature, nausea are the usual symptoms of appendicitis.

In pyelonephritis there can be nausea, low grade temperature but urine test should give some clue.

In other conditions like celiac disease, colorectal cancer, diverticular disease usually have long history and may not present like typical pain.

Crohn's disease sometimes can be confused as it presents with pain in the right lower quadrant, but usually there is some past history.

But your tests & CT have come normal, though endoscopy can be necessary.

You can take a consultation with a gastroenterologist if your doctor is not one.

In irritable bowel syndrome there can be pain.

In other cases it can be pinched nerve in the spine.

MRI scan of the spine can be taken for it.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.