Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor
3310972

severe stomach pain by rib cage left side. severe bloating

severe stomach pain by rib cage left side. severe bloating and pain when i eat, feeling full. two to three weeks now, only eating crackers and toast. no weight loss. very tired and weak. what could this be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. German replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer , these symptoms you have been experiencing could be caused by a serious condition and you should contact a doctor immediately .

When you feel pain in this area , it could be caused by multiple conditions including :

1-Gastritis ( stomach lining tissue inflammation )
2-Stomach or duodenal ulcers
3-Gastroesophageal reflux ( in this condition, the stomach acid juices flow back into the esophagus )
4-In some cases, with abdominal pain , the symptoms can spread to other areas in which the affected organ is not specifically located like in your case, gallbladder inflammation, gallbladder stones, appendicitis,diverticulitis ( these are colon pouches that can become inflamed), pancreas inflammation,intestinal or bowel obstruction, gastrointestinal infection, kidney stones or irritable
bowel syndrome ( in this condition, your bowel reacts irregularly to nerve stimulation)
5-Stomach or duodenal masses
6-Heart disorders in which there is a temporary interruption of the heart blood flow which could be caused by the presence of a clot in the coronary blood vessels or the vasoconstriction of the coronary blood vessels which reduce the level of oxygenated blood your heart receives.

Of all these conditions, the most probable ones in your case are : gastritis , stomach or duodenal ulcers and gallbladder stones or gallbladder inflammation.

My best advice is that You contact a doctor immediately , right now, You should not wait more time. You should go the emergency .

The doctors will perform several tests including : liver enzymes, abdominal X-rays , stool tests , CBC,urine tests , esophageal manometry , chest X-rays , EKG , heart enzyme blood levels or any additional image tests that the doctors consider necessary .

With these tests, the doctors will be able to determine which of these conditions is producing your symptoms so You receive the adequate treatment immediately .

Please click accept if you like the answer, so I can get credit for my work. A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'm scared, should i call the doctor tomorrow or should i go to the er?
Do not be scared , you should go to the emergency .

What you need right now is to be evaluated so if there is anything wrong , you can be treated on time avoiding future complications .