Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist

Is there an age or weight cutoff for kidney transplants. I

Is there an age or weight cutoff for kidney transplants. I was diagnosed about 1
1/2year with mild renal failure of function at about 60 to 65% right now I don't have anything to worry about do I. I am a female who will be 60 yrs old this december. and I weigh about 260lbs and loosing. I may not ever get to that point , but I was just wanting to be prepared in case it happens. I would greatly appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Thanks B. J. (Betty) Heathcott e-mail [email protected] or my home phone # XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.

Nowadays, there is no age restriction for kidney transplant. Please see the resources;

There is no weight restriction too for the kidney transplant but obese may have more incidence of the complications post operatively.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun