Experience:  dasdasd

I have been taking Doxycycline Hyclate Capsules (Tabocine 100)

I have been taking Doxycycline Hyclate Capsules (Tabocine 100) to treat Clamydia for 6 weeks but without success. What is the best alternative treatment?
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Was that the only positive culture result you had? Can you tell me what you mean by the treatment being unsuccessful?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes. That was the only positive culture result.

Treatment unsuccessful means after six weeks of having this treatment I am still feel pain in the groin area and sometimes when urinating.

Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Why were you placed on the antibiotics for such a long time, and have you had your prostate gland checked?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My doctor told me the teatment takes minimum 6 weeks because it is not easy for the antibiotics to reach the prostate.

No. I did not get my prostate gland checked.

Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
So the doctor felt you had a prostate gland infection?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I told him about the symptoms - pain in the groin area and when urinating - He told me these are signs of prostate irritation due to Clamydia infection.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
OK. Well, sometimes it takes weeks to a few months of antibiotic treatment to clear prostate infection. I personally would continue on the doxycycline for another month at least. An alternative would be Cipro or Septra, but I wouldn't make the switch for another month.