Experience:  dasdasd

I work in a hospital and took my blood pressure at work today, it was 135/70. Am I at ris

I work in a hospital and took my blood pressure at work today, it was 135/70. Am I at risk for valve disease, based on this number alone? I am over weight and 26 years old. I don't smoke or drink. I have no other health problems, because slightly hypertensive.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
Why do you think that kind of blood pressure reading puts you at risk for valve problems?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I work in a Heart Failure clinic and an RN there told me if there is a large gap between systolic and diastolic readings it could signal valve issues. I may be just paranoid.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
OK--do you have any other values for your blood pressure in the past?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Random values I've taken have been around the range of 125-135 over 70-88
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
OK. I really don't know what the nurse's qualifications were, but you don't have an abnormal pulse pressure--systolic minus diastolic. If you did, then something like aortic valve regurgitation would be considered. For the most part, it sounds like your blood pressure is just a tad above the ideal, but nothing to worry about.