PK
PK, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

How will 800mg of Ibuprofen urnine drug test

Category: Medical
Expert:  PK replied 3 years ago.

PK :

Hello

PK :

Welcome to just answer.

Customer:

Good Morning,

PK :

I am here to answer you ...

PK :

Good morning .

PK :

Are you being tested for ibuprofen ?

PK :

I want you to know that ibuprofen is an over the counter drus and they do not test for this drug on a drug screening test as it is legal to take this drug .

PK :

Thus you should just tell the authorities that you did take ibuprofen and it will not be a problem at all .

PK :

I hope you are getting my point ?

PK :

Please reply ....

Customer:

My daughter got hurt at work and went to the emergency room. They told her to take 4 200mg of Ibuprofen. So she did that morning. Her manager took her for a drug test to make sure she was not on drugs when this happened. The test came out postitive. We are a little confused.

PK :

Ibuprofeb can at times cause a false positive on an immuno assay screening test .

PK :

Thus she needs to let them know that she was on ibuprofen .

PK :

There are further tests that can then be conducted and the false positives can be eliminated .

PK :

She needs to let them know that she had taken the ibuprofen .

PK :

As ibuprofen can cause a false positive for marijuana.

Customer:

she did and they said it would not make a difference. She is fighting this. What should she do.

PK :

Has she been on any drugs ?

Customer:

No,

Customer:

Just the ibuprofen as the doctor told her to do.

PK :

Well then there is no reason for her to get into trouble for this

PK :

She should ask them to do a further testing which will prove that it is a false positive .

PK :

You need to talk to them about it and reason it out as you have a valid case.

PK :

Ibuprofen is known to give a false positive and I am sure the testing authorities are aware of that

PK :

You should show them the prescription as a proof for the same.

PK :

You there ?

Customer:

They told that they could send it to a third party. I thought I would referecne that this could case a false positive results.

PK :

There are tests used that can now eliminate the false positives ...so thus you should tell them that they can send it to a third party with a note informing them that she has been on ibuprofen so that they can then test so as to exclude the false positive .

PK :

You can also attach a proof of your prescription that will further substantiate that she was on ibuprofen

PK :

This is a common false positive .

Customer:

This is over the counter ibuprofen.

PK :

Yes it is over the counter so it is legal .

PK :

The false positives it causes for marijuana are known

PK :

Thus they need to do the tests that will eliminate the false positive and that is what you need to ask them to do .

Customer:

Thank You very much for your help. How can I get back in touch with you if needed.

PK :

You can ask for physician 123.

PK :

I will be glad to help you .

PK :

I wish you and your daughter all the best

PK :

Take care and god bless..

PK :

I hope this answers you and helps you with your apprehensions.
Do let me know if you have any further doubts.
Please click on the green accept button if this answers you as it is only then that will I be credited for my work.
Thank you.

PK :

Please hit the green accept button in order to accept the answer.

PK :

Thank you.....

PK :

Do you have further questions?

PK :

?

PK :

you there?

Customer:

No not right now. But again Thank You

PK :

OKay

PK :

Please hit accept in order to accept the answer and end the conversation

PK :

Thank you...

PK :

...

PK, Doctor
Experience: MD