DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician with extra cert in peds and womens health
9384716

My stomach has been bloated and distended for a week. I am

Customer Question

My stomach has been bloated and distended for a week. I am not constipated since I have had bowel movements fairy regularly. I have had some cramping and it feels like a blockage. When I eat much I get bloated very soon.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 5 years ago.

DrKnowsBest :

do you still have a gallbladder? is the bloating everytime you eat and is it at all relieved with a bm? have you had a recent physcial

JACUSTOMER-zlg9bp63- :

I still have a gallbladder. Bloating is somewhat relieved with a bm. I had a physical in July.

DrKnowsBest :

okay then less likely a mass causing a blockage but possible-sometimes gallbladder problems can present with bloating and pain but no constipation.

DrKnowsBest :

just in case i would recommend seeing your dr-normally i would check if any physical signs of gallbladder problems (right upper abdominal pain) but then your dr can palpate your abdomen and make sure there are no signs of things that can cause a blockage beside stool...mass, scarring, enlargment of bladder or uterus

JACUSTOMER-zlg9bp63- :

Do I need to go to my Dr. to check the gallbladder now or could I wait a week and see if it goes away by itself. I will be out of the country on Sat. for a week.

DrKnowsBest :

for now try simethicone with meals to lessen gas production, try to diary your meals when the bloating is worse/less

DrKnowsBest :

if there is no fever or strong pain you can wait the week

DrKnowsBest :

signs of infection (fever, severe pain) or inability to move your bowels would wa