Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

i also have a discoloration around the anus area which has

i also have a discoloration around the anus area which has no particular shape, but does extend outward, it seemed to have at one time a ridge or protuded line around the perimeter of the discoloration but has went away, and it doesnt itch. and there are no unusual pains or discomfort. i havnt had this checked and it has been there for 3 months now. i was wondering if cellitis or a staph, if this is what it may be in a prolonged manner can be very serious. thank u for your help and diagnosis
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any known medical illness?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
about 3 to 4 months, i noticed a discoloration on my scrotum at first and it went away then i noticed the discoloration around my anus area. i havnt had any test and i have no physical illnesses. im a very healthy individual, i exercise 3 to 4 time a week. i have a construction business and i get cut a lot, daily sometimes and i also am sucummed to use porta johns on occasion, and am wondering if this may be some thing to concider.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 2 years ago.
The most probable cause of your discoloration around the anus area is anal fistula.An anal fistula is an abnormal tract that runs from the rectum or anus to the skin around the opening of the anus.When the fistula reaches the anus,there is noticeable skin discoloration.

Its common causes are:Passage of hard stool,constipation,chronic diarrhea,anal abscess,irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Physical examination,fistulography,anoscopy are required to make exact diagnosis.Most uncomplicated fissures resolve in 2-4 weeks with supportive care. Chronic anal fissures frequently require surgical treatment called fistulotomy.So I advice you to consult ano rectal surgeon for examination & treatment accordingly.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont have any of those symtoms. and i was wondering about possible staph. if i could hear some elaboration i would appreciate it. does the fistula cause discoloration in a small spot or a large area. and my previous question was, in a prolonged manner of staph or fistula, can this be harmful. and are there any other possible things it could be,that are more serious.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 2 years ago.
Anal fistula are the most common causes of anal skin discoloration. Other possibilities are certain infections like staph infection,strep infection..Yes,cellulites can also be a possibility.Cellulites is a spreading bacterial infection of the skin and tissues beneath the skin. Staphylococcus and streptococcus bacteria are the most common causes of cellulites.

Yes,it should not be ignored & you need prescription antibiotic medications.Oral antibiotic may be prescribed for a week to 10 days.Antibiotics, such as derivatives of penicillin or other types of antibiotics that are effective against the responsible bacteria, are used to treat it.

Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thank u for elaborating, i just have a couple simple things to ask on this subject, then im satisfied. again what can the prolonged effect be, since this has been going on for approx 4 months. and could this be any kind of std. thank you
Expert:  Dr.David replied 2 years ago.
If this is not treated,infection can lead on to deeper into the tissue causing necrosis,pus discharge & tissue damage.So it should be treated with antibiotics & prescription medications ASAP.No this is not a symptom of any STD.

Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.

And please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience: Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS