DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician with extra cert in peds and womens health
9384716

very bad sore throat, or it could have been acid..taking one..my mouth

Hi,I had a cold virus a few weeks ago which did the rounds in my area.I had a very bad sore throat, or it could have been acid due to my hiatus hernia.I have been taking one Zoton tablet for 18 months and every thing was fine until a few 2 montha ago when I started waking up in the morning with a bitter taste in my mouth and spitting brown phlegm then it was clear all day. The doctor described domperidome 3 times a day before food.That cleared until this virus which left me with a sore mouth and gums and a metallic taste in my mouth.I took dequacaine for the sore throat/acid and gargled with corsodyl twice a day but it hasnt cleared.Theres no hope of getting an appointment with a G.P. What would you advise me to try? thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 5 years ago.

DrKnowsBest :

sometimes after a virus you can develop a change in the bacteria and flora of the mouth continue your current meds and try adding acidophilis or probiotics and swishing with baking soda and water 1:5 after your meds

DrKnowsBest :

if you develop white spots on the cheeks or tongue or start having bleeding see your dr for a prescription coverage for thrush