tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

I break out in a cold sweat, get light-headed, dizzy, short

I break out in a cold sweat, get light-headed, dizzy, short of breath, and then my legs go to jelly and I go to the floor. My legs and arms begin having pulsating pains in them and my blood pressure crashes
What medications are you on? Has a cause besides your heart been considered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I take .3mg of Premarin and 24mg of Amitiza per day. I couldn't put on the last screen but when I went for a chemical stress test, it induced one of these episodes and my blood pressure crashed. It took about 5 minutes before the technician could get a blood pressure reading of 90 over 60 and she had tried twice before.
OK--let's turn it around. What have your doctor and the cardilogist had to say about all this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't get past the gatekeepers to talk to the doctor. The woman that called me said the tests were normal. When I questioned that she told me to see my primary care physician. That test may have not shown heart damage, but it took 2 days before my arms and legs felt like something other than 300 pounds of weight.
And your doctor hasn't discussed this with you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No sir. I have an appointment on Tuesday to talk to my primary care physician because when I called her office and left a message, her nurse called and told me if I have another episode to go to emergency. I protested so she made an appointment for me to come in and talk to her on Tuesday. As I said, I can't get past the gatekeepers to find out why things went the way they did on the chemical stress test.
So all of this is relatively recent?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes and no. I had the first episode of this falling to the floor a year and a half ago, a second episode a year ago and then during the chemical stress test. It has been 2 weeks and I can't get any answers and it concerns me because the first 2 episodes were at home. I felt confident that when I walked out from the test that the doctor would be able to identify what triggers my blood pressure going so low. My primary care physician checked thyroid, kidneys and blood before sending me to the cardiologist and all of those were normal.
So I assume no one has mentioned POTS--postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, what is that?
First, let me ask--anything like this when you rise from a sitting position or from lying down and standing up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, but since the first episode I don't get up suddenly, and make sure that I am not light headed before I move. If I am bent over and raise my head quickly, I often get light headed.

OK. While I can't speak fully about your heart because we simply don't have enough information there, POTS can cause this, and it's basically the body's homeostatic mechanism for maintaining blood pressure gone awry. A tilt table test can suggest the diagnosis and it's treated with extra fluid and salt intake, exercise, beta blocker medication, SSRI medications, and others. That's after such disorders as Addison's disease (low cortisol levels, and you should be checked for that) have been ruled out.