Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

having burning sensation in armpits and red marks

having burning sensation in armpits and red marks ???
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any known medical illness?
Itching?
Do you have excessive sweating?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on and off last week , no tests yet , no medical illness, yes but i work in 100 degree weather ! itching sensation !??
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
It is most likely that the skin in the armpit area has been irritated by something that it has come in contact with.The excessive sweating & your occupation of doing work in 100 degree weather is the most probable cause.

Another likely cause for rash under the armpit is called folliculitis. This refers to an infection of the hair follicles that can be caused because they are damaged while shaving.Another possibility is of fungal infection.

Apply ointment containing clotrimazole+betamethasone.It is available at the counter without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the rash/itching area.Take tab.benadryl.Both the medication are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly. Also you may need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have also been sweating at night will that cause irritation also ??
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Yes,night sweats aggravate the condition & will cause irritation & rashes.Itching is also because of this.I advice you to use the above described medications.Apply ointment containing clotrimazole+betamethasone.It will help you greatly.

Regards-
Dr.David.