Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Can I take Hydrocodone-acetaminophen with Ambien CR

Can I take Hydrocodone-acetaminophen with Ambien CR?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Greetings,

When both Hydrocodone and Ambien are used together, they can have additive effect on central nervous system. You may have decreased mental alertness, drowsiness, respiratory depression etc. but these are mostly observed in elderly & debilitated persons. However when any new medication is started, let the doctor know of any adverse side effect if you experience .

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have been using Ambien Cr 12.5 mg for months to help me sleep. I just receivea the Hydrocodone-acetaminophen 7.5-750 for sinus infection pain. Would it be unadvisable to take the Ambien CR in addition to the Hydrocoadone when going bto sleep?

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Usually the additive effects are more observed in elderly & debilitated persons. If you are otherwise healthy, it may not be a problem. It will be helpful if one remains at hand for observation.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please press the ACCEPT button so that I can be compensated for my time & effort. Regards.