Doctor Chip
Doctor Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs practice, surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine, pain
18722459

hi i have pain in my right side that comes and goes in waves.its

hi i have pain in my right side that comes and goes in waves.its a very sharp pain.i can be ok some days and other days its very sore.i have had my urainy checked and thats all fine
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Chip replied 3 years ago.
Where exactly is the pain, and, if you've seen a doctor about it, what has he said?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its on my right side below my rib cage.i was checked for kidney stones and had blood and urine samples taken and she ruled out anything to do with the uriney system
Sorry for the delay. So they didn't think it had anything to do with your gall bladder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
she never even mentioned it
How were you checked for kidney stones?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i went for a scan to the hospital were they ruled them out
Is this pain in your abdomen or more in the back, since without back pain one wouldn't normally consider a kidney stone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its at the front, it does not feel deep like a kidney stone as i have had a kidney stone before but the way the pain comes is quite similar
And it can last a whole day?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ye it can last for up to 4 days.when the pain comes it is like a hot poker is burning my side for 3-6 seconds then it goes for 10-30 seconds and thats the cycle
Can you tell me precisely where the most intense pain is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
about 2inches down from my rib cage and 5 inches from my belly button
And is it tender to push on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no its not sore to touch
Does the pain ever seem to radiate from your back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no it feels like the pain is about 2inch below my skin. (im not fat by the way haha)
OK. I'm trying, as best anyone can on line, to do a physical exam on you. The fact that it isn't tender and that you had a ct that didn't show gall stones makes it unlikely that this is your gall bladder, or, for that matter, anything to do with your abdominal contents. This sounds more like a referred pain from a nerve compression in your spine, so I suggest you get an MRI of the thoracic and lumbar spine to look for a disk rupture.
Doctor Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs practice, surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine, pain