911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

my left leg feels tingly from my upper leg to the bottom of

my left leg feels tingly from my upper leg to the bottom of my calf , it comes and goes. When i lay down it goes to my knee ... confused ...
Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 2 years ago.

911DOC :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911DOC :

do you have any previous back injury?

911DOC :

how long have you had these symptoms?

Customer:

it comes and goes about a week

911DOC :

any injury to your back that you can remember? even in the remote past?

Customer:

i did hurt my back a month ago , it a weird feeling right now sitting on the beg typing it can feel it in my hip and goes down my leg

911DOC :

okay.... so my suspicion is confirmed.... at least a bit....

Customer:

it feels like it along my veins if i touch it not tender or nothing

911DOC :

your pain and symptoms are consistent with a slightly bulging or herniated lower back disk.

911DOC :

let me show you what i mean....

911DOC :

wait one second...

Customer:

i feel no pain in my back ? just along my inner leg like i said weird...ok

911DOC :

yup.... so if it's not a disc you should be checked for a hernia, but let me send you a link....

911DOC :

LINK

911DOC :

click on that, cancel the ad, and go to figure four... see if your pain is in any of the pictured areas.....

911DOC :

i am standing by...

Customer:

good info . i think it might be a hernia any info . i did the self exam it feels tender in one area . also i had an operation as a child for a hernia

911DOC :

okay....

911DOC :

do you mean a hernia or a herniated disc?

911DOC :

did the picture make sense to you?

Customer:

yeah , if i had a hernia would i have some of those symtoms

911DOC :

can you get in to discuss this with and get examined by your physician in a timely fashion?

Customer:

yeah

911DOC :

i think a lumbar disc problem or an inguinal hernia to be likely causes.....

911DOC :

if you have no further questions

911DOC :

then please do click 'accept'

911DOC :

so that JA will reimburse me for my time....

911DOC :

if you do have further qeustions,

911DOC :

I am standing by...

Customer:

i do

911DOC :

and thank you for your business.

911DOC :

okay

Customer:

can i ask a differnt one

911DOC :

depends it it's related to the first....

911DOC :

i mean i am at your mercy...

911DOC :

i don't get paid unless you click accept....

911DOC :

so what is your question?

Customer:

ok it kinda hard to talk about but here it goes , in the last 6 months icannot last as long when having intercourse as before can any of these systoms be a factor to my issue.

911DOC :

sure... makes me think again about a lower spine disc problem....

911DOC :

a disc protruding down in the tailbone area can affect your ability to perorm....

Customer:

is there any fixes. lol

911DOC :

an MRI could evaluate you for this.....

911DOC :

yes, if a disc problem is causing this then something called a microdiscectomy can often fix the problem.... outpatient surgery on you back...

911DOC :

but the diagnosis needs to be made first.....

911DOC :

and the more likely thing,

911DOC :

is that at 39 your testosterone level could be low so you should get that checked by your physician, and if it is low, that can be fixed with medicine.

Customer:

ok cause sometimes it get weird tingling down my tailbone and anus ... i thought i had hemroids went to doctor

911DOC :

yes

Customer:

ok will get it checked , it weird sometimes it the middle of the night everything is fine , then when time to go , only a few minutes and done .. wierd

911DOC :

so, testosterone level check, examination of your spine by an orthopedist or your family doctor, maybe an MRI, and a hernia check. i think the answer is in those possibilities.

Customer:

would any of this make my penis sensitive ,,, heriated disk

911DOC :

;xcpt

Customer:

ok thanks

911DOC :

you are welcome.

911DOC :

if you are satisfied with my answers please do click accept. and thank you for your business. come back anytime.

911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience: Emergency Medicine Physician