Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My right leg is twice or more the size of my left leg..mid thigh..foot

My right leg is twice or more the size of my left leg. from mid thigh to the bottom of the foot. Ultrasound negative for DVT, posible arthritis in the right knee, work on my his feet for 12-hour shifts. becoming more swollen and painful. No new injury, loud popping at times, more pain in calf than before. Have been off leg for 5 days now, swelling continuing and pain worsening. Last u;ltrasound 6 months ago when had same but not as severe episode.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Ultrasound will not show all vein problems
For this you need a venogram.

The other possibility is lymphedema.

Both venous stasis and lymphedema are treated with compression.

I would suggest at this point with a negative ultrasound...if recent...that you see a vascular surgeon.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Every time I go to my regular doctor, he just waves me off with "it is arthritis" stay off your feet a few days. I have been off my feet for 5 days and the swelling and pain are worsening. Would I need a consult to see an orthepedic or vascular doctor?
As I said above...let me know if you missed part of the post...a vascular specialist.
good luck