Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

my blood pressure is 152 over 120. What stage of hypertension

my blood pressure is 152 over 120. What stage of hypertension am I?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website.You need to go to ER now.The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your blood pressure is very high especially the diastolic one.

Your stage is hypertension stage-2 in which blood pressure of 160 and above/100 and above is categorized.Your diastolic blood pressure is very high.This can lead on to temporary or permanent complications.So I advice you to rush to ER or call a ambulance now.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can this be caused by stress?
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Though the exact causes of hypertension are usually unknown, there are several factors that have been highly associated with the condition. Stress is one of the major factor.Other factors are:Being overweight or obese,family history,too much salt (sodium) in your diet,having high cholesterol,eating a diet low in potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
Being insulin-resistant.There are various underlying causes for secondary hypertension.

But for now,I strongly advice you to rush to ER or call an ambulance now.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is exactly is hypertension? Can you explain it in non medical terms?
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Blood pressure" is the force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as the heart pumps blood. If this pressure is too high it puts a strain on your arteries and your heart, which makes it more likely that you will suffer a heart attack, a stroke or kidney disease.

An elevation of the systolic and/or diastolic blood pressure increases the risk of developing heart (cardiac) disease, kidney (renal) disease, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis), eye damage, and stroke (brain damage).Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David.