How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. RK Your Own Question
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2879
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. RK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 62 years old and my doctor says i have shingles. When

Resolved Question:

I'm 62 years old and my doctor says i have shingles. When i saw him, I was having pain on the right side of my body. The next day i developed a rash in one area by my waist. It hasn't blistered and no other areas have developed. Is this a mild case or should I expect more rashes with blistering?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

what is the exact location of rash?
how long is it present?
did you have fever or blistering yet?
did you take any drugs?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The rash is located just above my waist on the right side. It appeared on last Friday. The pain started a week before. I haven't taken my tempature and it isn't blistering yet. I am taking medication for it. (can't remember the name-left it hat home)
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

The pain may be the first symptoms in shingles.The red rash and blisters may appear later.Since you have started the treatment so the symptoms may subside in you.Not all the symptoms are experienced by all persons.It also depends on the individual and immune status.

Here is the link for more information

symptoms and treatment of shingles

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Dr. RK and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you