Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

What does it mean when your skin feels numb all over at certain

What does it mean when your skin feels numb all over at certain parts of the day? No tingly feeling, Just as if your touching your skin over a sheet of some kind. Is this a sign of a stroke?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any known medical illness?
Is there any numbness in left arm?
Do you have chest pain or chest pressure?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a sharp pain in my left breast. I had an ekg last year that came out fine but thats about it. Theres is no known medical illness.These symtoms started last week it's a numbness that starts at any given area then graduates ALL OVER, even the skin on my face and lips. And again there is no tingly feeling like when your foot falls a sleep. Its just numb. However I would like to know how much Im being charged for this answer. I clicked in the part where it says give me free answers for 7 days but my sister recieved a text so i was just wondering
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.The numbness sensation you are having can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.Also this can be due to :Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications.

The underlying cause of numbness should be identified and then treated by your doctor.Tests like electromyography and nerve conduction studies,certain blood tests,electro physiological studies are required to make the exact diagnosis.Also repeat EKG & stress test will be required.So I advice you to make an appointment with a neurologist for these tests to know the exact cause & hence its treatment accordingly.And yes,you will be charged $24 for this answer.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.