Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Ive had diarrhea and stomach pain after I eat for a week now.

I've had diarrhea and stomach pain after I eat for a week now. Also a intermitant cough which could be allergies and unrelated but started around the same time. I finally took some Imodium yesterday it hasn't stopped diarrhea but it has slowed it down

Dr. Abid :

Hi there...

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me do you have fever associated with diarrhea?

Dr. Abid :

Is it got foul smell?

Customer:

No odor, yellow in color, I go from low temp to no temp

Dr. Abid :

Do you have abdominal cramps ,loss of aapetite associated with diarrhea?

Customer:

I feel cramping when the diarrhea hits, but loss of appitite is due to more of a ache or pain in my stomach

Dr. Abid :

Do you have your stool test?

Customer:

I haven't

Dr. Abid :

Thanks for info as you mentioned you have diarrhea for last one week associated with stomach pain ,cramps and you have no to low grade fever ,Imodium reduced the frequency of loose stools keeping all these facts in mind viral diarrhea can present in this way but to confirm exact reason of diarrhea you should get stool examination and culture senstivity test ,right now i will suggest you to take some important measures that will help you to overcome diarrhea avoid food such as dairy products, fatty foods, high fiber foods ,try soda crackers, toast, eggs, rice or chicken.Dont use Imodium because in some cases of infectious diarrhea it prevents the excertion of toxins or germs.

Dr. Abid :

As i mentioned most possibly you have viral diarrhea so antibiotics may not help you.

Dr. Abid :

You can help maintain your electrolyte levels by drinking fruit juices for potassium or eating soups for sodium.

Customer:

Ok, no more Imodium, light foods, and get stool tested. Is viral diarrhea serious or hard to clear up?

Dr. Abid :

Viral infections usually take its natural time to recover ,so you should just follow the dietry advise as i mentioned and balance fluid loss.

Customer:

Ok, you've made me feel less scared, thank you.

Dr. Abid :

You are most welcome ,get stool test and proceed as i asked you.

Customer:

I will call my Dr in morning

Dr. Abid :

Regards,if you found my response helpful please click accept button so that i may get credit.

Dr. Abid :

Thanks and wishing you a good health.

Customer:

I will Accept, and thank you.