Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have a hard lump under the skin near, but not on, my rectum. Its pretty big. I c

I have a hard lump under the skin near, but not on, my rectum. It's pretty big. I can see a large area that is swollen. If I push it on one side, it seems to move under the skin.
hello
a hemorrhoid
right next to the anus?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't know if it's a hemorrhoid. It is a large hard lump under the skin. It is close to the anus, but not protruding from it.

Ok
Hemorrhoid most likely
Have it examined of course but in the mean time
preparation H
sit in a hot bath 20 minutes 3 or 4 times a day
eat a vegetarian diet
use stool softeners
use lidocaine cream if needed.

should clear up within the week
or 10 days tops
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will go see my Doc. but in your opinion . . . does not sound like cancerous growth, tumor, etc.?

not not at all
wrong place
not the correct appearance, etc.
good luck