Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a small sore on my nose that will not heal. It started

I have a small sore on my nose that will not heal. It started out like a blemish or small pimple. Now every time I was my face it starts to bleed A LOT and it takes a septic stick to get it to stop. I am 40 years old and have fairly good skin other than this blemish. Should I be concerned? A side note ... My 8 year old daughter is having the exact same problem. Hers is in the same place as mine and it also bleeds when she washes her face.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

there is a chance that if it does not stop bleeding, it could be a common skin cancer like a basal cell carcinoma or a squamous cell carcinoma. have you had alot of sun exposure in your lifetime? sunburns?

you should get yours biopsied to make sure it is not a skin cancer. a dermatologist can do that.

for your daughter. I doubt it is a skin cancer. she could have an abnormal blood vessel or mole on your nose that bleeds. this is what yours could be as well. only a biopsy can tell what it is for sure.

have you seen a dermatolgoist before? do you have a regular doctor?