Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been having mild but sharp chest pains where my heart

I have been having mild but sharp chest pains where my heart is located, i went to the hospital once about 3 months ago and was diagnosed with acid reflux, i have been taking steps to manage that and all has been good until today i have been getting short mild sharp chest pains. and now my right arm feels a little woozy like i woke up after being knocked out with drugs and its located just in my right arm. Its been worrying me, i have other symptoms i would like to tell you but ill start with this question.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. How long has the right arm been numb?

Q. Are there any pins and needles in the right hand?

Q. Any discoloration of the right hand/finger tips?

Q. Do you have a headache?

Q. Do you smoke and are you still having the chest pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
about a half an hour now.

no my right hand feels fine.

no

Q. Do you have a headache?
i had a mild headache for a few hours earlier tonight but not right now.

No i do not smoke, and the pain in my chest comes in very short mild piercing sensation.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Q. Did you get an EKG done when you visited the hospital?

Q. What part of the arm feels numb?

Q. If you pinch the area that feels woozy with your fingers- can you feel the pinch?

Q. Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, about three months ago a ekg was done a heart echo and a heart stress test and they said i was fine. However as of the month my heart beats very hard every time i stand up and move around i and when i try and go to sleep lately it also feels like i have a slight wobbly feeling like im sitting on a dryer or somthing.

Q. What part of the arm feels numb?
mainly my upper bicep (sp?) or upper half of my arm. i still have full movement but it just feels sluggish is the best way to put it.

yes

Q. Any other symptoms?
Heart beats hard when i stand up and move around i can feel it very distinctly with my hand on my chest, i have been having alot of muscle twitches and once in a while at night when i am laying in bed i feel like maybe my heart is beating really fast and giving me a body wide wiggly feeling usually lasts 20 mins or so.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Q. Have you lost weight, increased appetite?

Q. Do you have hand tremors (shaking)?

Q. Are you on any medication?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am severly overweight, when i went to the hospital 3 months ago i have tried to turn my life around and have been eating very healthy and doing some light daily exercise and since then i have lost over 25+ pounds at first with my acid reflux i wasnt hungry at all i was always full, i took 2 weeks of prilosec and felt much better appetite came back and is normal.

Q. Do you have hand tremors (shaking)?
no hand tremors

Q. Are you on any medication?
I take a Centrum multivitamin, a magnesium pill and a fish oil pill every morning
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the details.

The arm numbness can be attributed to either you sleep or resting on the arm which caused a lack of blood supply to it and caused it to go numb for a few minutes and this can sometimes last for a couple of hours but eventually gets better.
Or this can alsso be due to developing biceps tendonitis. This can also cause the bicep area to feel heavy and numb at times.
But you should observe this for the time being, apply a liquigel like Ibuprofen (Motrin, Brufen) gel on it thrice daily and give the arm some rest.
You do not have any symptoms of a stroke, heart disease or a pulmonary condition at the moment.
However, keep in mind nerve impingements since they can present like this. But at the moment, your symptoms are not too grave to go to an emergency room, but I suggest you follow this up with your doctor on a routine visit.
Shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, visual disturbances and lack of concentration or coordination etc. are all the symptoms that should warrant a visit to the ER or an Urgent care so be on a watch for any of these.
Hope this helps.
Please click ACCEPT to credit this assist.
A bonus and a positive feedback will be appreciated.

Best.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.