DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

What are managerial responsibilities related to administrative

What are managerial responsibilities related to administrative ethical issues, such as patient confidentiality (HIPAA)?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.

Hello. My goal is to help you find an answer!

Can you elaborate on and clarify your question with specifics?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What responsibilities would a health care manager have when dealing with HIPAA regulations and patient confidentiality?
I don't think I can answer this one. I will opt out so another expert can try. Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thank you!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
the manager is ultimately responsible for fielding the questions any patient might have...or complaints..about the privacy policy, or office uses of the policy.
Also would be responsible to make sure all patients in the practice are receiving and signing a copy of the policy and the fact that they have read it.
And of course that the policy is in place, that privacy is protected among staff and that staff is trained in policy and procedures regarding privacy.
Good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please click accept to give answer credit and compensation. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.