Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

I keep getting sore throats after giving my boyfriend oral

I keep getting sore throats after giving my boyfriend oral sex .It happens when his semen gets in my mouth.. I have been to the doc twice since than for std screenings and both have came back negative. We are always sexually active and we never use condems . What can be causing this? When we have intercourse he pulls out before ejaculation. Can he have and Sti that is not
Coming up in my tests? Iam confused and don't know what to do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
any other medical problems or medication? Have you had your throat swabbed for STIs?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No haven't had a throat swab?
Well if you want to rule out STIs in the mouth, you need to be swabbed for gonorrhea and chlamydia. This does happen. But you would have a terrifically sore mouth.
That being said, you may have a hypersensitivity to your boyfriend's semen or something that he is eating. Because the ejaculate often reflects his diet.
semen is pretty basic (to neutralize the acid in the vagina).
There is no cure for this for you other than not having him ejaculate in your mouth or putting up with it. You can rinse out with salt water immediately after intercourse.

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON for every answer that you find helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you Laughing