Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

My blood pressure is 141/91 with pulse of 78 after taking two

My blood pressure is 141/91 with pulse of 78 after taking two nitro pills several hours apart because of having chest discomfort similar to soreness after being hit in the left side of the chest. I had a stent put in my heart in February. I am currently taking 1 325mg aspirin per day, 1 75 mg plavix, 1 40 mg lipitor, 1 5 mg lisinopril, 1 25 mg metoprolol and 1 37.5-25 mg triamterene-htxz. I took an alavert this morning. Should this pain concern me? The pain is not sharp and stabbing, it is more mild, dull continuous pain like muscle soreness. I don't want to go to the emergency room needlessly.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 3 years ago.

Dr Jones :

Hello.

Dr Jones :

Can you please describe the nature of pain in little more detail?

Customer:

mild discomfort, like the day after being punched in a muscle, a little pinching.

Customer:

It doesnt radiate but is isolated to the left side of my chest cavity.

Dr Jones :

Any triggering or precipitating factor - particularly activity which might be causing the pain to start?

Customer:

I cut grass this moring and lifted a push mower over my head to get it off the back of a truck. That is the only thing that I can think of.

Customer:

honestly my biggest fear is of the stent collapsing. My father had three stents that all collapsed.

Dr Jones :

Thanks for inputs.With all those details and medical history I would suggest you to go ahead and get a EKG done.

Customer:

THanks will do.

Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.