Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

what does chlamydia look like in the throat

what does chlamydia look like in the throat?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to just answer,

Chlamydia bacteria can also cause infections in other areas of the body, including the throat i.e pharyngitis (sore throat).

Common symptoms are dry, scratchy throat,Redness, Painful swallowing, Painful Talking, fever similar to other types of sore throat.

Chlamydia throat infections may not cause symptoms sometimes.

A chlamydia throat infection may last longer than a typical sore throat.

Thanks

Please feel free if you have any doubts

Throat swab
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can it be past by kissing? what are the odds of catching this infection in your mouth?
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease that is spread by vaginal and anal intercourse. It is not spread by kissing; however, it has occasionally been spread by oral sex.

Here is some info, let me know if you have questions.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Chlamydia/STDFact-Chlamydia.htm
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.
If other person is having chlamydia throat infection then spread can occur by oral contact and oral sex.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it can be transmitted by oral sex? but its not spread by kissing? i'm confused on this. the mouth can pick it up and give it orally back but can not give it by kissing??
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.
Oral sex means mouth-to-penis and penis-to-mouth contact, It is even less likely for transmission to take place from vagina-to-mouth or anus-to-mouth contact.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.
Please feel free if you have any doubts.

What more information you need.

Thanks
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be up to your expectations .

Please ask any further question or any point on which you need clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i would like clarification on spreading chlamydia by kissing? i know it is orally but i want to know if i can at least kiss my partner, I'm confused because i dont know how if i have chlamydia in the back of my throat that i would not spread it mouth to mouth?? i'm trying to eliminate an possible spreading of this problem
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Hello

Simply , you cannot get chlamydia by kissing some one with this disease. Kissing is not a mode or transmission. You can kiss your partener without any fear of transmitting this germ to your partner.
It can be transmitted by oral sex but not by kissing. This is because the bacterial load required for transmission via oral load is insuffiecient to transmit infection. However chlamydia is actively secreted in secretion from penis or vagina and thus oral sex can become a cause of transmission. Even if there is some infection with chlamydia in throat , the secretions in throat and saliva would not contain the bacteria as the bacteria is not secreted in saliva. So kissing cannot transmit infection.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
Any other questions or would you like to click accept here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will i have to pay again for another question since i already pressed accept?
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
It would not be obligatory but you can if you wish to.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for your help sorry for the inconvenience!
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 3 years ago.
most welcome