Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

I am experiencing pain in my clavicle when I take deep breaths.

I am experiencing pain in my clavicle when I take deep breaths. Is this an indicator of a condition?
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be up to your expectations .

Any trauma you underwent?
Is the pain on both sides?
Does it hurt when you press the area?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No trauma in the area ever. Equal on both sides. No pain with pressure in the area.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

the pain that occurs with deep breathing may be due to some iritation in the insertion of respiratory muscles that attach over clavicle. It is not an indicator of any serious disease and can occur in tiredness or over use of muscle of deep breathing.
You can take anti inflammatory like tylenol or ibuprofen for relief of these symptoms. Otherwise there is nothing to worry about.
However your best course would be to visit a GP who could examine you to rule out any abnormal physical finding.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Doctor. Found your service helpful.
You are most welcome.

Please click accept so that I get paid here for my time and effort for you.

Best regards
Dr. Hussey