Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I have a sore lump feeling on right side of throat especially

I have a sore lump feeling on right side of throat especially when I swallow. I was prescribed amoxicillin and previcid. I took both for about 2 weeks. There has been no improvement and now my glands under my jaw and ears are sore, especially on side of sore throat. Also I have noticed that my glands in my armpits are swollen, but not painfull, and that my left arm is feeling numb.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How severe is your pain in 1 to 10 scale? Do you have fever, nausea? Do you think you are improving gradually or its getting worse?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pain in throat varies but around 3. pain in glands right now is 1, yesterday it radiated into jaw and ear at a 7. no fever, or nausea. Not improving. worse than three weeks ago, however, I thought it had went away after taking the medication for a week, for several days, but it came back worse.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Based on your description you seem to have throat symptoms along with swollen lymph glands. This is suggestive of infection related sore throat.The majority of sore throats are caused by viruses and do not require any specific treatment. Most of the time self recovery is expected with few day to a week. In small number of cases, sore throat can be caused by a bacteria or other causes. Most people recover from it without any complication, but in some cases infection spread to nearby structures such as ear or sinuses producing many other symptoms. In your case you seem to have ear ache and your current medication is not helping. At this time, I would suggest you to visit your doctor again and get it evaluated. You can have throat culture and sensitivity that will disclose the most effective treatment for your infection. In the mean time, you can take pain meds, use Listerine gargle.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.