Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

How fast would an STD show up in a blood test other than H

How fast would an STD show up in a blood test other than HIV
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
hello
This depends on what STD
herpes about 3 to 6 weeks on a blood test but you can tell when you got it
Gonorrhea and chlamydia you really need to have swabbed and you can be sure of that at 2 weeks
Syphilis about 6 weeks
Let me know if you have further details?

Let me know if you have further questions

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so i went to the dominican republic for a bachelor party and did something out of character. I went to a high end strip club and ended up have sex with one of the gorls over the weekend. The condom broke so I am freaking out. I did not have any sores or cuts on my penis so I am not worried about HIV based on what i have read. I confrotned the manager of the place and he told me they are a professional business witha reputation and that his girls are tested every 2 weeks and not to worry. This morning I went and got a full panel of STD tests done.
how long ago was this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was late Saturday night and into Sunday mronign the sex was vaginal and it was probably early am Sunday around 1:00AM
you mean one day ago?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

less than 48 hours ago i know I am freaking out but I have 4 kids and am divorced and I have full custody of them

You need to wait.
Have the blood tests repeated in 3 to 6 weeks
Have an HIV test at 3 months and 6 months
Have any symptoms investigated but it would be at least a week for herpes, chlamydia or gonorrhea to show up.
Good luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think HIV is unlikely since I am male....also what about that HIV drug that you need to start in 24 hours?

Also last comment is that I started taking penicillan 500mg as I had three tablets

You should not take anything.
HIV prophylaxis has to be started within 72 hours and you would need to call your health department for clinics or your doctor.
Risk of HIV is low if she was not sick.
good luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I keep going on here I upped the fee because I know this turned into a bit more than I originally asked.

From what I am reading it is unlikely that prophylaxis would be perscribed to me based on my risks and the side effect are horrible. So if my risk is low I do not think I should take them. Do you hapen to know what level of risk i am delaing with regarding HIV?

Also I just realized that theses sessions can get published and I am concerend about it being published because I went ou abou where I was and when and also mentioned that I ahve 4 kids can this session not be put into the forum?

Probably less than .3 percent risk HIV.
you are not identified on these posts, only as jacustomer 445zty62

I suspect you are OK
But do all testing.
I think they might still do prophylaxis depending on how you presented it, and a personal physician could help if you want it.
Good luck

Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc