tazechip
tazechip, Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a big hard lump on my shin from a fall. my ankle and

I have a big hard lump on my shin from a fall. my ankle and leg are swollen,they have been this way for aweek. do i need to see a dr.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
How much of the leg is swollen? Still in pain? How long did it take the lump to form?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my ankle and are pretty swollen. I have aburning pain radiating all the way down my shin my leg swelled right awayand the lump formmed within minuts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  tazechip replied 5 years ago.
The simple answer is yes, you do need to see a doctor, and now would not be too soon. My worry is a possible deep vernous thrombosis--a clot in a leg vein. If that's the case, you could have a pulmonary emobolism which can be life threatening. Even a hairline fracture of the tibia wouldn't usually cause all that swelling. You need Doppler flow studies of the leg and the sooner the better.