Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

can you get chlamydia from fingering a womans vagina who may

Customer Question

can you get chlamydia from fingering a woman's vagina who may have it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

The way you have written, it sounds like you are not sure if she has it!
Was there any other sexual contact? Did you clean your hand?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i fingered her and she gave me a hand job. that was it. no sex of any kind. she gave me a towel when it was over and i cleaned myself then washed my hands.
i'm just curious if my fingers in her, i could have gotten it that way or does it have to be penis in vagina or oral sex
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, it sounds like there was no direct sexual contact between you and the girl. This puts you at very low risk for chlamydia,in fact would be rare. There are no data suggesting that putting finger inside vagina would lead to chlamydia specially when you clean yourself afterward and there is no direct physical contact. You can read more about it, from this link.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/stdfact-chlamydia.htm

http://std.about.com/od/riskfactorsforstds/f/fingering.htm

Commonly chlamydia is transmitted by vaginal, anal or oral sex where there is an exchange of bodily fluids through mucous membranes. That is the main reason why you don't get chlamydia just by touching.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what if she lightly rubbed her vagina very quickly, then gave me a handjob?

also didn't know if after fingering her if i rubbed myself with the towel that could have gotten it on me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I also have no symptoms. but my wife says she has nausea and slight cramping. she also has an IUD. the doctor says she doesn't have PID
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
There are few other STDs that may transmit through skin to skin contacts such as HPV or herpes. Again the risk of getting these things are higher when someone has active skin lesion. At first place, you are not sure if there was any direct contact, secondly, viruses do not survive outside body, that further reduced the risk of transmission. Overall, your risk is very low, but if you want to move further, then you can have STDs screening after few weeks, just to be in safe side.

Just addressing your second reply: Most people with STDs will not have any symptoms after being infected. If they do they do so withing few weeks.
Please let me know if you have further question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when you say hpv cant survive outside the body - does that mean if I fingered her and washed my hands - it was gone?
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you are right.
As soon as you clean your hands they are done.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
You are welcome!
Thank you for visiting justanswer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i could not afford another 95 but i gave a 40 tip
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
You don't have to pay again. Follow up conversation does not require you to pay.

Take care.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there any way to get pubic lice other than sexual. i dont have them at all - no itching, nothing in underwear - nothing. my wife saw a few small black spots in underrwear, but again i have not slept with anyone and only had the above encounter.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Most of the time it is from sexual exposure, but sometimes you may get it from infested clothing, towels, and bedding.