911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

lines on the ear lobes are a sign of heart problems..on both ears

I was watching Dr. Oz and he mentioned the lines on the ear lobes are a sign of heart problems. I have them on both ears. He did not say that ment specifically. I do see a cardiologist occasionally. So, what does that mean?

911DOC :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911DOC :

the reality is that there does appear to be SOME association between having creased earlobes and developing heart disesase such as a heart attack.

911DOC :

this has been known for twenty years or so....

911DOC :

BUT, it is not to say that everyone with creased earlobes will develop heart disease... it simply means it is one of many factors to consider when evaluating patients, particularly for heart issues.

911DOC :

much more important are the top five risk factors..... a blood relative with a heart attack before 50 years old, high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, and smoking.