Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

The feeling of coldness in both(upper) arms (above the elbows)

The feeling of coldness in both(upper) arms (above the elbows) has been increasing and becoming almost... painful. It seems to be affecting the fleshy part of the arms...however if pressure is squeezed against the bones it also hurts. Arm movement does not seem to be affected. Any type of cold air against the arm skin and I must reach for a blanket or stole, or hot pad, which helps but it doesnt go away completely. Seems to be getting worse with time.

Dr. Abid :

Hi there...

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me do you feel coldness in hands also when your arms are cold?

Customer:

No.

Dr. Abid :

Do you have your doppler study of upper limbs artries(blood vessels)?

Customer:

No...do I need one?

Dr. Abid :

Yes definietly i will suggest you to get that to rule out circulation problem because feeling of coldness associated with pain can be because of poor blood flow .....

Dr. Abid :

And one thing more please tell me do you have neck pain associated with cold upper limb?

Customer:

Once in awhile I get a stiff neck and back but I go to a Chiropracter for adjustments ..I prefer the Aireator gun rather than harsh table bumps. Also I have been having a bad time getting over breast surgery..( replacement of implants in Feb 2011) but the arm issue started before that so I didnt think it was related...but what do I know? Could this just be a nerve issue? Also would a CT scan of my chest and arms be helpful? I am not sure what a doppler is.

Dr. Abid :

Well thats why i asked you about neck pain because sometime nerve problem can present with symptoms as you mentioned but you should also get doppler ultrasound of upper limb blood vessels ,doppler test is just coloured ultrasound that will check your blood flow in artries and veins,it is non invasive very useful test so please you should get MRI cervical spine along with doppler studies of upper limbs.

Dr. Abid :

Regards,if you found my response helpful please click accept button so that i may get credit.

Dr. Abid :

Thanks and wishing you a good health.

Customer:

I needa copy of you suggestions ,,,so I can remember what to ask for , please. Thanks for your help. Laurabelle

Dr. Abid :

You may copy this info and paste it in seprate page of your computer.

Dr. Abid :

Regards.

Customer:

How? Do I use the Save and exit at the bottom of this page? Sorry but I am also technically challenged.

Dr. Abid :

This discussion will be saved on this JUSTANSWER page you can open it at anytime .

Dr. Abid :

Regards.

Customer:

Thanks.