Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

What does it mean when I smell bleach sometimes for weeks at

What does it mean when I smell bleach sometimes for weeks at a time. my nose actually burns. I don't use bleach at my house becasue I can't stand the smell of bleach to start with?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. How long you have this problem? Any history of sinusitis?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It has been bothering me for the last couple of months. I don't have a history of sinusitis.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the details. I would like to say that this seems to be a smell disorder which need to be have evaluation done, few important possibilities which should be investigated such as nasal polyps, infection or inflammatory disorders of the nasal passages, hormonal disturbances, neurological manifestations, psychological causes. I will highly advise to see your physician for examination & tests. You may require to see ENT (ear, nose & throat) doctor for thorough examination & ENT doctor is specialist in these issues to start with. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.