Andrew Rynne
Andrew Rynne, Doctor
Experience:  Dr Andrew Rynne is an expert in Sexual Medicine. He has thirty years experience helping people overcome sexual dysfunctions

The roof of my mouth hurts when I eat

The roof of my mouth hurts whenever I eat a bread product (slice of bread, muffin, cookie, pastry). Am I allergic?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Andrew Rynne replied 5 years ago.

I think allergy is extremely unlikely to be honest with you.

When you shine a light on the roof of your moth and look in the mirror what, if anything, do you see?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I looked in my mouth before eating, it looked the same light pink as usual. After eating a honeybun, closer to the back of my mouth was a bit red around the edges, but other than that everything looked the same.

Here are a few possibilities:

(1) I would not be alarmed by this mild infection on your soft palate. It would be OK to let a few days go by and to see if resolves itself.

(2) Fungal infection is a real possibility.

(3) If you are not getting better in a few days then you will need to see a doctor. You can't diagnose something like this over the Internet.