Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Symptoms Rash on extremities (arms / legs), tightness in chest

Symptoms: Rash on extremities (arms / legs), tightness in chest (Diaphragm feels bruised), aching joints, neck pain (constant!) headaches (especially in the back of the head), twitching of arms, legs, unusual burping, hiccups, having "extreme" anxiety because of it all.
Symptoms have been occurring for about 1 month, now I'm noticing my 2 year old has the rash on her legs and arms, she is twitching when she sleeps, wakes up during the night screaming/crying. I had my blood work done this past week, they said everything was normal, I went to Urgent are today due to the pain in my chest, they prescribed Nexium!
Something is really wrong with my daughter and I and everyone is looking at me like I'm crazy. PLEASE HELP.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 years ago.
what about your living environment
any exposures?
Have you had our living quarters inspected?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

None out of the ordinary. I live in Lompoc, CA about 40 miles north of Santa Barbara, CA. There is Vandenberg Air Force Base here, not sure what all may go on there. They do Rocket Launches there (mabe 3 to 4 a year). The area does have alot of agriculture, (mostly growing flowers), but I don't live close by that area, maybe they spray? The weird thing is, the kids I babysit (I drive down to Santa Barbara twice a week to watch two small boys), have shown the symptoms of the rashes, but not any other symptoms that I am experiencing or my young daugther with the twitching, etc. I thought maybe the older one (4yrs.) was possibly bringing home viral infections from pre-school, but this I do not believe would bring on the other symptoms I have and have had for a least a month.

Living quarters...inspected for what? I know it is not scabies, I know what that is like.

And like I said, it's affecting the boys where I work to.

You need to have a home house inspection by a professional, specifically for hidden mold as it produces toxins [certain molds do] that sensitive individuals can have symptoms from.

This can be done by air sampling and a local HVAC engineer will know companies who do this.
This is a main approach
The air quality should also be assessed for carbon monoxide and other organic compounds.

There is no infectious disease that is going to cause just these symptoms and the boys at work, as there are not sickness symptoms and blood work is normal, which would not be the case...however toxins should be considered. Blood work will not detect this type of problem.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions:

Please don’t forget to click accept: You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.